View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #12
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlivesMommy View Post
I knew not to take her to the doggy park, but I didn't realize Petsmart would be an issue. I guess you're right but I'd like to finish the class I paid so much for. I'll just have to keep her away from the other animals (except for her classmate) when we go there. Some of my family has dogs, but I live 10 hours away from them so socialization is limited for her.
It's not just coming in contact with the other dogs. If they're sick where they walk by they can actually leave germs and stuff behind. It makes me think of that Lysol commercial. The area that is used for your pups training class is used by other, older dogs that are exposed to so many things. I know what you mean about having limited socialization. Right now where we live Kaji has no doggy friends. It's not very pet friendly, and the few dogs that are here are pitties owned by not so good people so they're aggressive towards other dogs. His friends all live 40 miles away, or my relatives with sociable dogs live 3 hrs away. We live a lonely existence. But, after your pup gets full immunity, you can walk her up and down your Petsmart aisles with less to worry about. Kaji loves going to PetSmart and Saying hi to all the other dogs he encounters.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!