View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #2
4doggiemama
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I have a couple very traumatized Yorkies. One is 12 yrs. and the other 13. It will take a long, long time for your baby to relax....maybe never. Rosie still is very stiff when I hold her and rarely sits on my lap. She likes to sit on my shoulder if she does come on my lap. I made a major mistake when I got her ( pre-YorkieTalk) and did not hold her every time I had an opportunity. I just thought that it was her personality to want to be alone. I should have known better. I have been making more of an effort since joining YT and she is doing better. She at least spends time with all of us...doggies and dh.....in our office. She has actually started laying in the middle of the couch. There have been times that the only way I am able to get her to eat is to hand feed her. I just discovered about 3 months ago that she is deathly afraid of her tags clinking against her eating bowl. I've tried all sorts of bowls and this was such a simple solution. Please know that you are doing a wonderful thing to give Belle a loving safe home. She will reward you ten-fold. Blessings for adopting her. ~Joanne~
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!