View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
Roccosmommy
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Sad Please Please help with aggressive biting!

Hi everyone, I'm a brand new Yorkkie mommy to Rocco and also brand new member to Yorkie Talk. I've already learned such great info here, but I am in desperate need of some seasoned help out there. I got Rocco in February at 8 weeks from a breeder who I think did a great job with the pup. She owns the mom as well as 3 other yorkies. The litter was home raised and very socialized before I brought him home...he is very intelligent, has loved his crate from day one and is progressing with his potty training. HOWEVER...his biting is getting worse by the day. And I don't mean puppy biting. I mean aggressive, snap-at-you and go back for more biting and growling. I have tried saying "Ow!", crossing my arms looking at the ceiling, walking away, the "claw" grasp (as if another litter mate would do, but not at all hurting him), and of course, repeated "NO" and "NO Bite". He gets so worked up sometimes lately the only thing that works is putting him in his crate for a "timeout" for about 2 minutes (which is done quietly without words and he doesn't protest at all). Then he's back at it 10 minutes later. My teenage daughter and son - who are very gentle and loving with him - have had him biting at their feet and legs when they attempt to walk away from this behavior. PLEASE help! By the way, he does not do this to strangers - he just showers them with kisses. He is now 13 weeks old and I simply will not tolerate a biting, aggressive dog. Again, it's NOT puppy gnawing or biting - he attacks you. It doesn't happen all of the time, but it is getting increasingly worse and it can happen at any time of day, either at playtime or 'quiet' time. What are we doing wrong?
Roccosmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!