View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #12
boo-boo
Senior Yorkie Talker

Yes, for about the last 10 minutes of the walk they settle down and stop pulling!!! That ten minutes is probably the best 10 minutes of the day because I think they got it, then they start up again the next day for the beginning of the walk. They are getting better, i've been working with the lab a lot in the yard to get her to walk beside me and she'll do it, but all bets are off when we leave the house. My yorkie is actually the better behaved one because i've been working with him since he was 8 weeks old. The lab is my dad's dog that now lives with me. She's extremely willful and doesn't listen to me. I think she's having problems accepting me as a pack leader because she was with my dad for so long. It's getting better though. I've just had to go back to basic dog training with her. In the meantime, now that the snow is gone, we've been taking our walks on the snowmobile trail where I have the option of letting her off the leash, and she get's to get her paws muddy....my yorkie loves it too....he's not a big fan of being clean and groomed...
boo-boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!