View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #1
BellaDonna
YT 500 Club Member

Default Another newbie-New Yorkie In Texas

I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself and my new puppy. I am the proud new owner of a little Yorkie we call Bella. My name is Donna, hence the member name BellaDonna. After checking out the board I realize she isn't the only one named Bella but I guess that is to be expected. She is my first Yorkie and probably only Yorkie but she is not an only child. We have 6 Chihuahua's too!
Bella is 12 weeks old tomorrow and a couple of days ago she weighed 2.2 lbs. She is not meant to be a show dog, in fact the person I got her from was an inexperienced pet breeder and he docked the tails himself! WAY TO SHORT!!! Since she is just to be our beloved pet I decided that didn't matter to me and took her anyway.
One thing I have found out is that she is different from my Chi's. She is not intimidated by most things, full of curiousity, and playfulness. The funny thing is that even though she appears to be the same size as my tiniest Chi she is lighter. The hair is definitely deceiving.
Since I am new to the breed I will be looking for lots of advice on how to groom her and keep her looking her best and it looks like this forum will fill the bill.
If I can figure it out I will be posting a couple of pictures of Bella and maybe a picture of my other babies.

Donna
Attached Thumbnails
Another newbie-New Yorkie In Texas-bella-march-2010.jpg   Another newbie-New Yorkie In Texas-bellatonguepost.jpg   Another newbie-New Yorkie In Texas-christmaspost.jpg  
BellaDonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!