View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 AM   #3
MotherTrust
No Longer a Member

SESSION 3

Hey everyone! How you been?

James and I have just finished working with Quinn for the third time. I’ll crack on with this but I think it would be useful to let you know what has previously been happening.
Quinn has now learnt the present moment! I can use this moment in everyday situations and whilst on activities like his daily walks. For example, if I come across another dog on the walk and Quinn starts reacting aggressively, I go into the present moment (hard with all the noise!) and wait until the other dog has passed. Yes. I do feel like a bit of a wally but I can see a change in the behaviour. Quinn does continue to bark at the dog but only until the dog has passed. He then takes a look at me, and stops barking to await my next move. I can definitely feel this present moment working.
Today we moved on to Stage 2 of using the Trust Technique. In a sentence, stage 2 is using the present moment from at a distance. (So much more information in the website whish helped me a lot!)
James came round, explained what we were to do and then we got straight onto doing it. We made Quinn sit in his basket and I got present for about half a minute. I then moved away to a distance maintaining this present moment. Quinn kept his attention on me and I could see him responding quickly and falling sleepy within a few minutes. Great! James said I have done really well with him.
I wondered how we were going to advance. James said that he was going to add distractions to the scene in order to raise Quinn’s attention levels. By doing this, Quinn starts to react aggressively and was no longer concentrating on me. My job is to sit Quinn back down and get present….from a distance. So this is Stage 2….
I was told to work with this in the next few days and use distractions from other people as my tool to correct.
I must say, already I have seen a huge improvement. It would be so nice to just finish that last phase of aggressiveness….and I think we’re nearly there. Last update hopefully coming soon!

I will also mention that the website has helped hugely. I will be signing up for the monthly information, tutorials, videos and updates as I think the scheme in which James has set up is fantastic. Basically, you can learn from home….for soooo much cheaper than what it costs for a one to one session with James. Plus you get added bonus of watching video footage of the technique! Watch the intro video.
James works with all sorts of animals and with all sorts of problems so there it bound to be one that will relate to you.

If you want the link, then please PM me or, if it has not been disabled, it should be in the report about SESSION 2 in this topic.

Pros: Stage 2 is here and understood! Outstanding change in Quinn’s behaviour.
Cons: Realised how much easier and cheaper it is to use the website. :P
MotherTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!