View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
unekmama
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Exclamation Sick Puppy almost 3 months old

We purchased Samantha from a puppy shop on 03/03/10 at 8 weeks of age. The next morning we were in the ER & she was admitted. They said she had hypoglycemia and expected her to recover within 24 hours. Her glucose levels were fine after 12 hrs with IV & glucose meds. They weaned her off & within 6 hours she had regressed again & had glucose levels in the 50/60's again. They suspected underlying condition (upper respiratory infection) & put her on antibiotics. She finally recovered enough to come home 3 days after.
Samantha's glucose levels were in the 130's a week ago. Yesterday we went back for a follow-up & they were down to the 90's (withing normal but huge fluctuation).
She did not gain ANY WEIGHT Only weighs 1.20 lbs. We have been feeding her every 2-3 hours. At times she eats independently & at other times we have to force feed her. We have tried everything from baby food, a/d vet food, organic/holistic puppy/dog soft foods & the only thing she eats consistently (only a few pieces) is Royal Canin puppy kibbels for Yorkie puppies. She also love vita-cal & Karo syrup drops in her water (against Vet's advice).
Waiting to hear from the Vet today for results on CBC (anemia, etc) & liver work up.

It's been almost two weeks and we're so physically tired (lack-of sleep & stress of financial expenses almost $2000.00 in treatment so far). I have exhausted all my vacation to care for her but I'm just really not sure what else I can do...

Can I feed her home made food? Please help with any ideas of what may help us help Samantha.
Thanks,
M
unekmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!