View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 06:13 AM   #6
PiePiper
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Don't get me started on Medicare. My husband became medically disabled at 54 and was forced to take Medicare He worked for the Railroad for 38 years and the Health Insurance there was excellent. He still has his Railroad Insurance until he's 65 as a secondary. Medicare DENIES a portion of almost everything and because of this the secondary insurance denies it also because they say Medicare should pay for it. It's bad enough your sick and can't even think straight, yet you have to deal with Insurance companies which we never had to do before. We live in Connecticut he had his heart attack while driving his train to New York. He was able to get his train safely to the city (he thought he had severe heart burn) and walked into medical in Grand Central. He was taken by ambulance to the hospital, had 4 stents put in and stayed 6 days in ICU. The only money out of our pocket was for the cable television. Now we always owe something to somebody. Luckily my husband is of sound mind and he fights for every nickel and penny that is due to him. It shoudn't have to be this why. I don't know what the elderly do? The only thing I can suggest is if you think you're right and Medicare should pay, fight for it. I think too many Medicare patients don't question and just pay. Good Luck! I also think we all are in for a long battle with Medicare.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!