View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
red98vett
Yorkie Kisses are the Best!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas J View Post
Today is Thomas J's first birthday!
We adopted him at 3 months of age. His owner had him only one week and was overwhelmed. She tried to take him back to the breeder, and he wouldn't take him back. She asked if we wanted him and of course I said Yes! No money, just wanted him in a good home. The first time I saw him, I was shocked! I was expecting this lively bundle of fur. Instead he was shaved, bony, sick, wormy, had ear mites and sad sickly eyes. He came with a crate, toys, etc and a bag full of medicine! .
After getting him home I decided he probably wasn't going to make it. He had horrible diarrhea and vomiting. He never played.(He reminded me of the little sickly boy, Thomas J, on the movie 'My Girl'..so that's what he was named.)

Luckily, he had been to the vet that I use, so he had all of his info. After a few more vet visits, he started perking up. and gaining some weight. He started playing with our 12 year old chihuahua/ dachshund mix (and irritating him) On one vet visit, he couldn't believe how much better he looked. He told me 'he had been a very sick dog'.

So today..I would like to say..Happy First Birthday to my 13 pound.lively, healthy, wild and crazy, Thomas J !
you saved his life. Glad to read such a nice story Happy B-Day Thomas J !
red98vett is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!