View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #12
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb3R215 View Post
Thank you so much for all your responses. I have been feeling so lost and this forum is helping me a lot! I've never had a puppy before so I wasn't sure what to expect but I'm trying to do the best I can for him. He's so tiny and I've only had him for two weeks but I'm already in love with him.

He didn't throw up today, I started feeding him the food he was eating at first and it seems like the problem was that new food I gave him. His apetite even seems to be getting better as today I didn't have to beg him to eat. The vet said he will get his second round of vaccines on Saturday if he's fine all this week. I really want him to have all his shots so I can start taking him outside.

I also left him in the guest room (which has nothing dangerous within his reach) for about 45 minutes during the day. He whimpered and cried a little but eventually starts playing. I'm still sleeping with him in that room because I feel horrible for him to cry all night. I'm waiting a couple more weeks to try and have him sleep there alone. I don't take him into my room because I figured it's easier for me to eventually leave him alone in the guest room than to take him to my room and then try to move him to the guest room.

The potty training in another story....I'm trying to use wee wee pads because he always seems to need to pee in the middle of the night and taking him outside is harder at that time. Also, every time I take him outside he'll put everything in his mouth and that worries me. Have any of you had success with wee wee pads? If I catch him peeing somewhere else should I pick him up and interrupt him and take him to the right place or just let him finish wherever he's at? I've made the mistake of letting him go around the house too much and he's peed everywhere already, I'm trying to confine him to the guest room more time to do the potty training, is that a good idea?

Thank you so much for all your help!
Hope he's turning around. Things are difficult when you obtain a pup at such a young age as 8 weeks. One has to be very careful on what is fed, their digestive tract is very sensitive. Don't change his diet, one bit.

You stated that he is about to get his 2nd round of shots on Saturday. Please google and read Dr Dodd's vaccination protocol. First shot between between 8 and 9 weeks; 2nd 3 weeks later and the 3rd at 16 weeks. I wouldn't get that shot until is digestive system is stablized or as long as he's on antibiotics. Shots should not be given when a puppy is ill.

Yellow bile can either be due to hunger and/or a bit too much protien in the diet. White foam is usually indicative Tonsilitis or can indicate an upper respritory infection. With a wee one, keep Nutrical on hand.

There is a sticky in the breeder section on the fading puppy recipe (no, your puppy isn't fading), but you stated he was anemic.....the recipe is great for that.

Don't expect miracles in the potty training right now....just get him well.

Last edited by Mardelin; 03-15-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!