View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #16
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by potterz7 View Post
Yeah...it's true, i got him when he was a little over two months...i have no idea that he wasnt suppose to be separated from his mother that young..i wouldnt do dat if i knew, believe me..
the breeder didnt tell me...r054 told me that in my country, usually breeder let us take the pups home when he is 2 months...man, they really do like shortcuts...urgh..kinda pissed me off..
i learn that its not suppose to be like that from this forum...
ah, well, i cant let him go back to the breeder's house now can i? so i just gotta be extra careful now..

okay, i know that he is still a baby...thx ArmaniMan i really wont let my eyes stray from him now, not even a second eh?coz that second is when the "accident" happen...n when i cant do so, im gonna put him on the crate..im buying the litter box today...
so let see if that will work..

Maximo, DvlshAngel985, n delicatepuzzle thx a lot too...
im gonna devote my time to teach him till he got it right...with all the love in my heart, im sure he will catch up soon...
n im gonna read through this forum bit by bit to help me on the process..

so guys...wish me luck
I don't know how I skipped this post but I am so glad that you are taking in all the advice. It is truly refreshing to know that you are taking the welfare of this pup seriously and I applaud you for that. I will admit not all the advice will be helpful as we as people are individuals and do things differently, and yorkies are individuals too. What works for some doesn't work for all. Try all the things you think would work for you, and when you find something that works for you and your pup STICK TO IT!!!!

I wanted to add that I didn't have to potty train Kaji, he was a year old when he finally came home , but I did have to manage marking. I bought belly bands and watched him like a hawk! Really, I would take him downstairs in the living room where everything smelled like my friend's dog and follow him around every turn he made. Sure enough, Kaji lifted his cute little leg. What worked for me was a consistent correction: double clap to distract him, a stern NO (not yelling), and followed by a trip outside. If he went outside I gave him tons of praise and a treat for his success. It worked! Well that and having him neutered helped. Try it, maybe your baby will respond to a correction like that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!