View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjc View Post
Peek has done this too but not for years... and it would always take at least 3 days to resolve... At 5 Years old (when I adopted him from the HS) he was quite the jumper. I knew jumping could and more than likely would cause serious problems as he got older, so I began to put him on and take him off the bed and furniture, until finally he lost the ability to get up on the furniture on his own, plus he liked the special attention of me picking him up and helping him to get to where he wanted...

Yeah, this incident resolved in seconds! We awarded him an Oscar! I was very lucky that at least he did it while we were at the vet's office, and luckier still that she actually saw him doing it. She saw me place him ever so gently on the floor, no slips or anything, and then we did discuss his previous history with the 3 day injuries... she double checked his knees, no pain and only very mild luxation, which she said is typical of the breed... and she checked his feet and toes... He's just an old man (13 years) and just loves people! And especially the vet, it seems!

Lol, how funny, Yorkietalk member alaskayorkie (Mike) taught Eddie to do the limp trick. Here's the thread: http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/my-...trick-vid.html and here's the video.

Join today and remove this ad!