View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #7
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
When Joey was a puppy he jumped off the couch without using the steps, if I hadn't seen him do it, I wouldn't have know what caused the problem and I would have thought he was faking the limp too. It was on and off for a day or two, and by the third day it was gone, but I really don't think dogs know how to fake an injury, something hurting them for a second, it could even be a toenail. If it continues on and off for three days, I would see a vet.
Peek has done this too but not for years... and it would always take at least 3 days to resolve... At 5 Years old (when I adopted him from the HS) he was quite the jumper. I knew jumping could and more than likely would cause serious problems as he got older, so I began to put him on and take him off the bed and furniture, until finally he lost the ability to get up on the furniture on his own, plus he liked the special attention of me picking him up and helping him to get to where he wanted...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Now that is weird, I don't have ANY answers for this!
Yeah, this incident resolved in seconds! We awarded him an Oscar! I was very lucky that at least he did it while we were at the vet's office, and luckier still that she actually saw him doing it. She saw me place him ever so gently on the floor, no slips or anything, and then we did discuss his previous history with the 3 day injuries... she double checked his knees, no pain and only very mild luxation, which she said is typical of the breed... and she checked his feet and toes... He's just an old man (13 years) and just loves people! And especially the vet, it seems!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!