View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
Deb3R215
Yorkie Talker

Default New Puppy has been getting sick a lot

Hi! I'm just got my Yorkie (his name is Cutie 2 weeks ago. He is 10 weeks old. The first few days I got him, he was fine. The after about 3 days he started sneezing. He then started coughing. I took him to the vet and she said it was probably kennel cough. They gave him antibiotics. Then a couple days later he threw up, first a yellow/orange color (a lot) and then about 4 times he threw up something that looked like white foam. I really panicked and took him to the vet again. They did tests for parvo and gardia and they both came out negative. They did a blood test and told me he had some anemia. They didn't really come to a conclusion to what he had, said probably a virus or ate something he shouldn't have. They put him on another antibiotic and a medicine that would help with the vomitting. He hadn't thrown up for 3 days now but today I think I made the mistake of switching his food. I got desperate because he barely wants to eat and the vet told me it was very important that he drinks water and eats. Today he has thrown up a couple times, all the times it wasn't a lot and it seemed like it was the new food. Do you think this is normal?

I am going to put him back on the old food. He only weights about a 1 pound and 8 ounces. I want to know if it's ok if he eats his last meal of the day at around 7pm and then doesn't eat until 6am? Is this too much time without food or is it ok?

I'm sorry for all the questions, but I am so confused and so worried about him. I just want him to be ok and I get so scared everytime he throws up. I try so hard to clean up every thing so he has nothing to pick up from the floor but he always finds something. If I leave him in a room alone, he starts crying, he can't stand being alone. Should I just let him cry even if it breaks my heart?

Thank you for your help!
Deb3R215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!