View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #13
mylittlegirl
Yorkie Talker

Johanne and Brooklynne, Piper's surgery was quite lengthly. It was approximately 2 hours long and because of this we had to have an IV for her. She was given extensive dental xrays to check the jaw. Her teeth were then pulled and the gums cleaned. She then was given stiches. She has done quite well. We brought her home the same day. She was on several different pain meds as well as antibiotics. She was in pain for about 2 days, but is doing much better. She ate a little canned food the first couple days. Now I am fixing the Orijen and a little water in the food processor. She eats great and my vet said she would probably transfer on over to hard food once her gums have healed. She seems alot happier than she was prior to surgery. The only thing that I will stress is that the vet had stated to keep her with me after surgery because it would aid in healing and speed up the process. That wasn't hard for me because she looked so sad... I hope this helps.. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to email me. It has made a world of difference for Piper because I think she was in so much pain before this... it probably feels much better. Good luck
mylittlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!