View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
RDB911
Lola's Love
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwerten View Post
on the label does it say that it is raw or unheated? as it does not say on link and wanted to know as may switch over to this brand as smaller jars than what i am using now

also how long does it last as usually organic only lasts 6 mos so guessing this is the same for this product as the one i have now is only good for internal use for 6 mos
The label states "cold pressed" no mention of raw or unheated...

But I found this on their website:

"9. How is CocoTherapy coconut oil produced? How does your production differ from the other commercial coconut oil brands?

CocoTherapy® organic virgin coconut oil is superior to other coconut oils in the market today.

We know that there are other coconut oils available in the market, but we also know that there are many different ways to produce and manufacture coconut oil.

CocoTherapy® Coconut Oil and CocoChips™ come from fresh organically grown coconuts. The coconuts are grown in a USDA certified organic coconut farm. The coconuts are harvested fresh and are opened between four to eight hours of harvesting. The fresh coconut meat is then air-dried in a cold dry environment, and cold-pressed to express the healthy and pure coconut milk. The oil is separated from moisture in a process called vacuum drying, with low processing temperatures that are approximately 100 degrees F.

Usually, coconut oil that is considered "excellent" has a 0.04% - 0.11% moisture content. Higher moisture content not only lessens the oil's shelf life, but also makes the oils more susceptible to oxidation, bacteria, and the breakdown of triglycerides. CocoTherapy® coconut oil has a moisture content of only 0.02% - 0.08%. Other coconut oil brands contain a much higher moisture content."

Here's what I found for expiration:

"Coconut oil that has been kept at room temperature for over a year has been tested for rancidity, and showed no evidence of it"

Let me know if this answers your questions, if not I will email the company directly and find out

www.PremierYorkie.com
RDB911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!