View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 04:14 AM   #2
Sweet Apple
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I'm not an expert on this subject, by any stretch of the imagination, and I think rescue is a wonderful thing...However, for me, I found it better to get one younger than Apple...Apple was 12 months old, when I got Buzz, who was 4 months old...I didn't know Apple was so dominant, until we got home w/Buzz...She wasn't dominant at the breeder's home...First of all, if Tia is meeting a potential bro/sis on their territory, instead of hers, she may feel intimidated...If it is possible, perhaps try to have your pup and the, "potential" new silbling, meet on neutral territory...I think you would get a little more accurate picture of how they will interact...This weekend, I am keeping a little puppy...I put a gate between mine and our week-end visitor, for a little while, to sniff and tail wag, then I put the less aggressive pup (Buzz) in w/her for a few minutes, took him out and put Apple in...Then I let the three of them interact, w/me watching very closely...The pup came Friday morning, and by Saturday morning, the pecking order was established, Apple, Buzz, Lexi, and all is well...Good luck in your quest for a new baby....
Sweet Apple is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!