View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 PM   #8
teacup0819
♥Luv my Trixie Belle♥
Donating Member

Please do not think by any means am I trying to keep her a certain size...my other yorkie was 12lbs...size doesn't matter to me...health does.

My breeder does not free feed her puppies and she mentioned that her puppies were wolfing down their food and had soft stool yesterday..so that i should watch that she doesn't just gulp her food.

We came home today at around 2:30 - she add about 1/4 cup at around 3:00...but still looked in her bowl for food, so I added alittle more. Then around 6:00 she was looking in her bowl again, so again I put 1/4 cup in and she left half of it. At 10:30 she was looking for food again...so I fed her a little more...less than a 1/4 cup I think...will start to measure tomorrow.

I just don't want to overload her and have her get a tummy ache and the poops....she just came home. I will read her doggie food label and see what it says. However, it is the wrong food for her age...it is royal canin baby dog which is for weaning to 8 weeks....she really needs to be on mini puppy for 2 mos to 10 mos, but I don't want to change her until she adapts to being in a new home.

Please let me know what you all think. I just want to do it right.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!