View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

I understand your frustration. Hang in there and don't give up.

Try going outside with Pixie and force her to stay outside until she pees or poops. It might take awhile -- I'm an impatient person, so I know how aggravating it is to wait, especially in bad weather. Walking can speed up the process, especially for poops.

When Pixie does things correctly, praise her profusely immediately. Maybe give her a treat. Keep up the praise for correct potties her entire life. I believe praise is key to continued success.

Try to keep a schedule of regular potty outings -- in other words, go at regular intervals about the same time each day. Of course, if you sense she needs to go out at a different time, take her outside immediately. At 7 months, Yorkies need frequent outings.

To get the smell out of the carpet and discourage her from returning to the same place, use an enzyme cleaner. I also highly recommend investing in a decent carpet steam cleaner. I bought a Hoover for under $200 at Walmart, and many people have suggested the Rug Doctor available at Kohl's. I use Woolite Oxy for Pets in my machine.

Good luck! Hope some of these suggestions will help you.
Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!