View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 10:39 AM   #24
jencar98
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadog1 View Post
No food or water for 12 hours??????

This is just way to long to leave a pup alone anyhow. If she came from a kennel she is probably used to going out a doggy door. I run into that ALL the time with older pups. But they can be trained. But not if your not there.

I guess my only suggestion other than waiting to own a dog until you have regular hours would be to line the area with news paper. Or get a couple of wee wee pad holders
I never suggested withholding food and water for 12 hours....you may want to read again what I posted:

Are you leaving her food in the ex-pen? If so, at 6 months if she's a good healthy weight, she probably doesn't need the food while you're gone, feeding 2-3 times a day is enough. I would feed and potty her before you go to work and don't leave food down for her

The OP is working nights, do you get up and feed your 6 month old healthy puppies at night? If the OP's dog is eating 2-3 times during the day, I don't think withholding food only during the night will hurt.

Also, your suggestion that Lesley wait to get a dog is not really beneficial as she already has the pup and is looking for advice on what to do now.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!