View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 09:51 PM   #9
AMD
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup-e-Love View Post
So how many foods do you rotate between? You said "three at time, one from each food group of Poultry, Red Meat, Fish". Are you saying that for 3 months you stay with one brand and rotate between poultry, red meat and fish, and then switch brands for the next three months? Sorry for all the questions. I'm still learning.
No problem.

I rotate between several foods, but just have three that I have at once that I rotate through until they're gone, and choose another three. I try to staggar the foods so that there's new variety more often. I usually don't stay within one brand. For instance, I rotate Instinct Duck, EVO Red, and Wellness CORE. I don't always have the three food groups bc I'll get a bag of food if I find something really cheap or free, but just try to keep a nice variety. I know it sounds complicated, but I just try to replace red meat with red meat, poultry with poultry and fish with fish...for the most part at least. You could always rotate the flavors, switching up after each bag...if that's what works for you. I got started with having several foods at once bc I got a bag of Instinct free and Wellness for a good price, and I had EVO that I was feeding, so I just decided to switch up every month. Then replace what I run out of.

Hope that helps answer your questions.
There's really no *wrong* way to rotate, so you have to find what works for you. One thing with the rotation diet is to be sure to keep some proteins that you don't introduce in case you have allergies later on.
AMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!