View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #8
jan cleveland
Yorkie Yakker

Default potty training

Sunday I brought home 4 1/2 mos. old Bailey, a 4 lb. Yorkie. I chose the largest of the liter. We lost our Maltese 3 weeks ago. I started walking him where she went and presto, he peed. My husband had the great idea he could sleep on our bed. Fine for a night or two. He now gets up and poops on the floor. Bad idea, he goes in the xpen. The breeder let him have the run of the place so the crate is out.

I took away the food and water in the xpen and made it smaller. Today no accidents. It hasn't been a week and he is doing better.

I do not think you should feed him in the xpen. This dog is only 4 mos. old and when he came home he did nothing for 12 hours, so they can hold it.

It is really trial and error. The Maltese I had was 9 weeks old when I got her and it took forever to house break her. I remember going outside with a bathrobe and treats at all hours.

Bailey is already on his way. Just keep it up, consistency, treats, lots of going out and expect accidents.

When I look back at the life of my other dog, it was a very small portion although I remember feeling very frustrated.
jan cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!