View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #5
tigker86
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlnurse View Post
I need help desperately!

I'm in the process of trying to potty train my 6 month old yorkie. I've had her for a little over a week now. She is a puppy mill rescue so she has had no previous training whatsoever.

I work 12 hour shifts 3 nights per week. While I am at work, I leave her in her xpen that is lined with puppy pads, water, her bed and some toys. The last 2 mornings when I come home, the pads are on one side of the pen and a huge poop that has been stepped in all over the tile floor. I guess being crated at the puppy mill, she's used to walking in it. I make sure she poops before I leave the house but she still ends up going again during the night.

I came home this morning to such a mess. I immediately gave her a bath, threw her bed and blanket in the washing machine and scrubbed the floor. I can't do this everytime I come home after working 12 hours..... Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do while I'm gone?

I am single and don't really have anyone to watch her while I'm at work.
Hmm...maybe there is a dog sitter near your house that can come in and watch her for 1 hour? and clean up and make sure she's ok by 10pm?
or maybe a neighbor? maybe try and ask friend near by? the worse they can say is no...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!