View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 02:55 PM   #3
MommysBabyRoxy
YT Addict

It took me a long time to be comfortable cutting my babies nails...

You have to be very careful... if the nails are black, you have to be ultra careful not to hit the quick!... It can make your baby bleed to death or even get infections... not to scare you or nothing, just be very careful! We put the cornstarch on it if we cut too short, but I havent in years.

BETTER TO CUT TOO LONG THAN TOO SHORT!!! Thats what I say. If you are ever in doubt if you cant see the quick, just clip the tip.

Other than that, he will be fine... just give him a bit, and he will make up to you. Talk in a sweet voice and give him lots of cuddles. He will forgive you, they always do, and deep down, they know your heart.

Ive never had one "gush" though... so I hope you didnt cut it too short, just keep checking to MAKE SURE he isnt still bleeding. If you did cut the quick too short... he might be in pain for a bit, but it will go away.

I think the lady who had Lexi might have cut hers way too short, and I am hoping that it grows back, the poor things nail is all cut up way too short...

I am sure your baby will be fine though, just keep checking on it, and try making him feel better, and he will love you again in no time.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!