View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #14
Lee B
YT 500 Club Member

I put Puddie the Porker on the bathroom scale this morning, and it said 9.0 lbs.

Puddie the Porker has lost his waistline, so he could probably stand to lose a pound or so. But he's a very substantial little fellow, solid as a brick. His bones are strong and sturdy. You pick him up, and you KNOW you have something in your arms. And you're not so afraid of hurting him. He's a cotton coat, has a puppy cut, and looks like a little bear cub.

Bella is dainty. I guess she's probably around 3.5-4 pounds. But she feels fragile, insubstantial, all hair and kisses, especially next to Puddie.

Puddie takes flying leaps off the couch seat, and you don't worry about him. Bella prances all over the furniture, hills and valleys, until she gets to the stairs and traipses up and down.

When I first got them, I was a bit caught up in the "size" thing. But only for a few months. After that, I realized exactly how TINY they are. Even ol' Puddie the Porker .

I think maybe people who are all caught up in the size thing are new to Yorkies and just don't know any better. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But personally, I could give a flyin' fig: they're adoreable, loving, and a totally captivating breed, and I love them with all my heart. They may not be absolutely perfect to someone else, but in my eyes they're the most beautiful little dogs in the whole, wide world. They both kept their puppy colors of black and tan (even though they came from different breeders), so they're my perpetual babies. And size doesn't matter a bit.

At least not in THIS instance
Lee B is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!