View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #26
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladymom View Post
I've used Mucpirocin on Lady for staph before, too. It works really well. Greasy as heck, though, isn't it?

Deb, Lady does have allergies, too. I swear by fatty acids and colostrum to boost her immune system.

I have read that dogs with severe staph allergies sometimes benefit from immunotherapy/injections. Has your dermatologist ever mentioned it to you?

Staph Dermatitis and Hypersensitivity ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc.
do you mean the hyposensitization shots? yeah i have been nervous about them as i have heard it makes some dogs worse so i am afraid but she has had staph lysate injections when this all started 5 1/2 years ago with a holistic vet but derm does not do those i do not believe cannot remember why

our vet mentioned convenia shot again and had to remind him a second time she got hives from simplicef and he went OOOPS sorry forgot about it - they kill me never read the charts convenia and simplicef are in the same antibiotic family

do you use the coconut oil as a fatty acid - i had good success with it with dd so going to start her after appt tomorrow i think. i have to order another jar as the organic we get is only good for 6 mos and very expensive so have to call and order another jar I always worry about fatty acids after the pancreatitis we went through with dex and dd always has high lipase on blood work which is a sign of fat digesting enzyme high and being on steroids i get nervous as i do not want to battle pancreatitis and steroids with her
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!