View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 06:06 PM   #6
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Don't make yourself sick over this - Barney and Daisy were pumped up with all there vaccines throughout their entire lives except for the past two years. They even had lepto once. The important thing is that we all become educated about the best practices for our dogs, and remember they are OUR YORKIES, and we can only do what we think is best for them, even if that means leaving a vet and finding another. I'm onto my 4th vet in 9.5 years but I think I just made my last stop. Sometimes it takes time to find one that shares your philosophy.

Your dog will be ok - soreness after rabies is normal, mine have been sore from the site of injection, even when vaccines are separated.

As for benadryl, keep in mind that like any medication, dogs can have a problem with benadryl. That is one reason we opted not to premed Teddy for his 1-year Rabies booster.

As for Bordatella vaccine - I stopped giving that one and then we went shopping at Petco and after barney spent 3 weeks needing xrays, trach washes and antibiotics battling kennel cough (that he caught from a surface, not another dog), we opted to continue to give it because our dogs go out in the world and might encounter a germ. We do only the intranasal version.

I hope you and Diesal feel better soon!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!