View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 02:03 PM   #6
Ladymom
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Yes, Lady gets recurring staph infections. She has been diabetic for 7.5 years so she has a very weak immune system. I constantly battle staph, especially on her neck area where she gets her insulin shots.

I try to check her skin daily when I brush her. If I can catch a lesion right away, one application of Clearasil usually takes care of it, believe it or not.

Benzoyl-Plus doesn't seem to have fragrance added from the ingredients and smells odorless to me. I use it maybe every 4 weeks or so, but only on the areas Lady is having trouble with. It's very drying so I don't like to use it on her whole coat, although this brand has a moisturizer in it.

Cephalexin works best when she needs a prescription. I've never heard of Clindamycin for staph, but maybe it works when other antibiotics have not? I just had to take it for a new crown that abscessed and ended up needing a root canal. That stuff will destroy your digestive system so watch out! Diarrhea is a common side effect.

Have you ever considered collostrum/transfer factor? I absolutely swear by it. I started Lady on it three years ago when she was just a mess and her bloodwork was so bad her vet estimated she only had six months to live. Her insulin need is half what it was before I started Transfer Factor.

Transfer Factors in Veterinary Medicine: Canine, Feline, Equine and Livestocks

The Pet Whisperer™
Ladymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!