Thread: biewers
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 09:56 AM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
The only rational explanation is that both parents are carriers for the piebald gene. The typical odds ratio for carrier-to-carrier producing a parti would be 1 in 4. Your girl certainly beat those odds.

This is from info I've seen based on recessive genes expressing themselves in puppies. If I'm wrong, someone will correct this, I'm sure.

I can't answer your question on price. I would suggest you think of the other qualities of the pups as to the standard for the breed, apart from their color, and go from there. You can't put a value on a pup based on one trait alone.

I agree with this.

Reputable breeders will usually spay and neuter these dog and place them in pet homes. They do not charge MORE for dogs who do not meet the standard, and in my opinion, if you charge more for dogs who don't meet standard, you are only breeding as a business.

Biewers are considered, by some, to be a close "cousin" of the yorkie; Parti's on the other hand, are considered to be a yorkie with a color fault. Some people do use the words interchangeably, but in my opinion, there's a difference, and if both of your dogs can't be traced back to the German registry, they are not Biewers.

Join today and remove this ad!