Thread: sprained leg?
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 11:17 PM   #9
jj71787
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate07 View Post
My brand new little girl who is 11 weeks old and 2 pounds- if that- fell tonight from my arms down on to concrete pavement outside. This happened after spending the day reading about Yorkie injuries - go figure! I was picking her up to bring her over to the grass area to go potty and there was a loud noise outside, she got jumpy and fell/jumped down right from my arms and landed hard on her right side/ back leg. She never never cries and the cry she let out was awful. I was so scared and sick to my stomach from it. I just got back from the Vet and sure enough she has a broken leg (tibia to be exact). This vet said she thinks she is going to need surgery and a rod in her leg. I'm so devastated and feel terrible. Never again will I pick up a puppy outside or while I'm standing. I just got her on Friday too! Initially after the fall she tried putting pressure/putting her right back leg down, but it was too painful, so she was limping around for 30 mins and ran to the corner of the room to hide. She was so sad and she is the happiest most loving playful puppy ever. It killed for me to see her like that for even just 30 mins! I brought her right to the vet clinic ASAP and she is now on morphine (which scares me with her being so little) and has a bandage on her leg and will be getting looked at by a surgeon tomorrow morning and most likely going in to surgery. I'm hoping to get a few opinions. I'd love for it to be able to heal on its own, from having a cast/splint on it, but from the Dr. who saw her tonight she wasn't sure that will be the case. This kind of surgery costs about $2,500 was the estimate given to me for those wondering. Expensive, but a lesson well learned to not pick her up outside again or to only pick her up low off the ground. I just hope she has no complications and is back to being happy and playful very soon! Has anyone had any similar experiences with these injuries?
im sorry to hear that my yorkie is crazy too he likes to squirm and jump so i hold him tight when i hold him. The price of surgery is ridiculous if only they had insurance like humans do where nothing is paid out of pocket.

my dog never crys either but he let out a screeching cry and was limping, today he limped a little bit but an hour later he was running around the whole house its weird but im still getting him checked
jj71787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!