View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 01:40 PM   #6
chandracz
♥I Luv my BaileyBlue♥
Donating Member

My boyfriend had this problem for a LONG time. Of course my reason was different. I had Bailey BEFORE we even met or moved in with my boyfriend, but it turned into my boyfriend feeling unloved eventually. Here's what I told my bf. Derby can pick up on your frustration, sadness and all of your emotions and it's probably really confusing him. Whereas your husband is calm, playful and doesn't have an "issue" with Derby. Again, Derby can pick up on both sets of emotions. If it were you, who would you want to be around? Try to be really in tune to your emotions when you're around him. I had my bf give him lots of fruit treats and just have fun with him. Take him for walks as much as possible. Play with him as much as possible. Don't force him to sit with you, because believe it or not, that will make him not want to sit with you. I always tell my bf if you respect him, he will respect you... I hope this helps!!! Good luck and don't worry it will come!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyLayne View Post
Ok, I know it sounds silly but I barely get a hello when I walk in the door. He jumps all over my husband, and freaks out when he leaves. He won't snuggle/sleep with me, but will with my husband (on the couch during day/nap time). Just yesterday I tried to snuggle up with him because he was in MY SPOT on the bed and he GROWLED at me! That is the first time Derby has ever done that! He even sat on me and whined the entire time because as soon as I moved he went into my spot.

I don't get it.

I am the only one who bathes and grooms him. I give him lots of love too! I pick him up and snuggle him, and I want him around... I take him for long walks when i can. My husband does take him out for walks more, and plays with him more, because I work more than he does, but is this a guy thing? Derby likes him more because he's a guy?

My husband wanted a big dog originally, and I said I wouldn't even consider getting a dog unless we had a smaller dog and we got Derby. He's a mixed breed (which we know now), but he's 10 pounds of cuteness as far as I'm concerned! I just want the dog that I picked out to LOVE ME more!!!

Here is a pic of us, and he was fine with my husband on the bed... but I had to get him to stay with me just get my husband to take a pic!!

Does any one else have this experience?

I'm starting to feel unloved by my own dog!

I want to tell him, hey: I chose you!!! but I joke that he's my husband's dog because of this whole situation... it's sad, really!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!