View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
sixyorkies
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Missouri Breeder

I unknowingly purchased a sick Yorkie puppy from Tanner's Puppies located in 14824 FR 2200, Cassville, MO 65625.

This yorkie was purchased on January 3, 2010 and was shipped to Pensacola, Florida on 1/6/10. Upon inspection by my vet on 1/8/10, this puppy was heavily burdened by round worms and also developed pneumonia. This puppy also arrived with a nasal discharge. The puppy ended up in the emergency clinic for 4 days due to heavy vomiting and diarrhea from the massive infestation of worms. This owner's guarantee form states that the animal "was in good health". Their vet inspected the animal the day before shipment and claims the animals was in good health. The vet does not do any fecal exams for this business owner. Their vet took an oath in the state of Missouri that states "protection of animal health, the relief of animal suffering". This animal was suffering beyond belief. His white blood count dropped to 600 and almost died. This puppies belly was extremely distended and should have been an alert to this owner. To date we have over $2800.00 in vet bills to save this puppies life. I notified the owner on 1/9/10 of the problem. This owner is stating that due to signing her health guarantee, that she is no longer responsible. This is an example of animal cruelty and I have 6 vets in my area that would stand behind that statement. Their website misleads people with all of their referances. I tried to sign her quest book but they would not post my comments. This business shipped out over 128 dogs last year. They do not inform the public that they are brokers and their personal vet does not vaccinate or perform standard life safety tests on their animals. Their health certificates are blank where there should be vaccinations and claims that a 9 week old, 3lbs. Yorkie can withstand temps. as low as 10 degrees. They are misleading people that they will receive a healthy pet. A belly full of round worms is treatable and preventable. I have over 40 pages of documentation to save this puppies life. They should be held responsible for this living animal. I am trying to seek reimbursement from this owner for $2,835.48. Please advise the public on the practices of this owner.
(3) Having ownership or custody of an animal knowingly fails to provide adequate care or adequate control. 578.012, RSMo (2000)
sixyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!