View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
ProfessorPeteZa
YT 500 Club Member

Default Agression Problem

Hi Everyone,

My Bindi is two years old and is not well socialized. I got her at 8 weeks (which i learned was too early) and I use to take her frequently to dog parks but she'd never play there. just want me to pick her up. I soon started working and the dog park trips stopped.

I take her daily to the neighborhood park for her walks and she has some "friends," labs and gsds mostly, larger dogs. She doesnt play with them but will walk with them and sniff them (I am convinced she doesnt know how to play with other dogs).

Yesterday we had a picnic at a local park that also has a dog park. I took her along and she was mean and growly to all the dogs there. I had to leave. At some point a young boy came up asking if he could pet her and she growled at him. :-O

I had never seen her get mean to children but she has becoming increasingly annoyed with then. Children from the picnic were taunting her and she was getting growly with them too so I left.

She has never bitten anyone before but I dont want to take any chances.

How can I rid her of this behaviour? We wanted to bring in a sister for her but I think she will be mean to her We would like to have children soon and I dont want her to show aggression to the baby.

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

oh ya, also, if im holding her people come up to take her. she gets mad.

Thanks,
V

Admin: please close my thread in training.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!