View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
Imma-captivated
BANNED!

Default Remedy for swallowing earplugs??

I posted a message a couple of days ago that I thought my FB Chloe' had swallowed one of my husband's yellow rubber earplugs. I didn't see her do it but he said the earplug fell on the floor.. Chloe' ran over and grabbed it and took off running.

She looked like she had something in her mouth.. I picked her up and she swallowed whatever it was.

She seemed fine but as of today has not passed anything yet. This happened on Fri.

My husband said he read online that you should give a puppy bread and water or a teaspoon of pumpkin to help move it along.. has anyone ever heard of this??

She did wake up early this morning (4ish) and started gagging like she had a fur ball stuck. She then spit up some bile. This happened 4 times in an hour.

She acted fine when she got up this morning. Running and jumping as usual.

I know if it doesn't come out soon I should take her to the vet but I was wondering what you all thought of the bread and pumpkin idea?? Apparently he read it on a couple of different sites.. this was suggested by vets and specificaly for puppies who have swallowed earplugs.
Imma-captivated is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!