View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #7
lotus
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I tried confortis in september of last year at the recommendation of my vet - whom i trust. within 5 days my yorkie went into the worst health crisis! she had soemthing called an intersuseption which is very uncommon in adult dogs, she nearly died BEFORE we got her to an emergency animal hospital. she underwent a surgery to have her small intenstine removed re-sectioned and her recovery was months!!! at the time, no one suspected the comfortis; but for a while, i wasn't giving her anything but food.........so, she had no further problems. i went online to order the comfortis when i felt she was ready to injest a pill........only to read some horrifying reviews (including warnings from the food and drug administration).......i can't say for sure that this problem was caused by the comfortis.......but she had never been sick and had no prior digestive problems..........i now believe after having read some really bizaar things that have happenend to other dogs that this was probably the cause of her crisis - i'm glad we managed to save her; but not after many thousands of dollars.
i have to say the comfortis REALLY worked for fleas.........but i'll never chance it again.
good luck
lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!