View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Magnus
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Vomit & Diarrhea

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm back with not so good news. Magnus was fine the night before and then when I went to let him out the next morning, he seemed less energetic than usual. I got him to drink some water but after a while, he started vomiting and than diarrhea. His started pooping out a log of poop and then came out the diarrhea. Vomit was all liquid since he had eaten yet. He vomited about 3 more times before I got him to the vet.

We went through the usual routine and the only thing that changed was the food I gave him. He was bit dehydrated so they gave him a shot for that and sent me home with some powder diet supplement for his food and Famotidine. She said he shouldn't be vomiting anymore but he vomited 4 more times and the last time was again accompanied by diarrhea about 10-15 min after.

He totally refuses to drink the pedialyte or take the Famotidine so I tried force feeding it. Stopped doing that since everytime he takes in anything including water, he vomited. (He get very hostile when I try to get him to swallow the pill) He's been sleeping most of the day or just lays down. But he does respond, eyes are clear, nose/gum seems good.

I already talked to the vet and said to wait it out through the night and if it keeps persisting, to bring him in in the morning. Might have to get an xray and something else.

Like I said before, the food was the only factor that changed but would it have THIS BAD of a reaction?! He barely licks the ice cube and won't even look at the food all day. *sigh* I'll update tomorrow but has anyone ever experience this before? Feeling pretty frustrated here...

Last edited by Magnus; 03-06-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!