View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 06:45 PM   #6
Jennxling
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britster View Post
Wow! We sound like we're in the same boat. I am also almost 20, at local community college, unsure of what to do. Owning Jackson has made me dog-crazy (ha!) I've loved dogs my whole life (I used to 'study' my dog breed book). But now I realize how much I TRULY love it. If I can find a career working with dogs, I will be a happy woman. I really enjoy training. I also enjoy my time at the dog parks with him!

I've been contemplating for a LONG time now on adding a second dog. Jackson is my "best pal" and I love him so much and I know he would love a brother or sister. I live at my mom's house and her dog died last summer and he's been real lonely ever since... I miss having 2 dogs around. But at the same time, I had the best of both worlds because both my mom and dad's homes where I frequent had dogs so I had the pleasure of "having" two dogs but only owning one, LOL. Adding a 2nd that's fully my responsibility scares me a bit.

But anyways, I'm rambling. I'm waiting until I just KNOW it's the right time. I think you just... know when a certain dog is yours and only yours! I suppose I'm waiting for the "perfect" dog. So my answer to you would be: go with your heart. If you know in your heart you can provide this dog an amazing home and you're up for it... go for it!

OMG! I am so glad you totally understand!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!