View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
RitaNBoobear
Yorkie Yakker

Question OK weird circumstances-?Crate train to use a P-Pad?

wow it has been a long time since I’ve been on which is no good excuse. EXCEPT I am truly blessed as a biz owner/bad economy we have so much new clients/accounts. AND Baby Boo has been a dream. Because I have nerve/neurological muscle pain condition we deliberately trained her to go on Pee Pad. We were okay with Pee Pads and will be moving to condo/balcony later next year BUT yes, I did it with eyes open. There is on one every floor of townhouse. Two in the office. And she was beautiful about it -- like 95% accuracy. (And other 5% you could tell she tried and didn't realize her poo wasn't done coming our so she hobbled and dropped it a few inches of pad edge --Gotta give her "good potty" praise cause she was on the pad).

SO last 2 months MUCH less consistent. Especially at office and on floor of house. And we can’t sense anything off. She’s very sweet, happy, consistent dog. And no personality changes, eating or food changes nothin’… She gets lots love, is VERY social w/2 & 4 leggers, tons of walks, love, attention, goes to office w/Mommy & Daddy and SO,…I'd say we are now at 70% accuracy on Pee Pad.

QUESTION: Is it a bad idea to try crate train for a 1 yr old female to get on a fixed pee/poop schedule? I am NOT a lazy mommy, And the early AM pee/poos aren’t the issue (all mornings I wake up in pain, BUT 100% she stretches, goes down the steps like clockwork and pees and then goes back to bed. EVERY Day) It’s the middle fo the day piddles and plops are not in same places or pad -- and Daddy or I take her out all the way thru the day – at least 4 walkies. And she often/moslty pees or poops outside on the walks BUT we have no way trained for her to tell us when she has to go – so is it too late? Again NOT lazy, if I knew she had to go I’d take her in a minute to outside or pad. Just not sure if consistency was lucky or this is just a phase w/winter??

Last edited by RitaNBoobear; 03-06-2010 at 03:52 PM.
RitaNBoobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!