View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #11
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogie Man View Post
Mary, the pedigree I have does list some BIS, BISS, and Am. and Can. champion designations. Do pedigree services use sources other than stud books for info? Also, there is something I don't know the meaning of on a couple of dogs. For instance, Carneal's Charged and Ready has "P-61686" under his name. Would that be a dna #? I do have another dog with a dna # on the pedigree but it clearly indicates that's what it is.

Thanks for the mention of the other sources of info. You've been very helpful.

Jim
Is your Pedigree from AKC?

I'm looking at a Pedigree from one of my Charmer's & Go-Go's offspring (AKC issued)

It shows Registration #/Date entered into the stud book/Then Charmer's DNA # V-######. It doesn't show Go-Go's as at the time of this litter she wasn't DNA'd a practice that I have begun doing. Just for my own peace of mind.

I know that I've been doing extensive work on my pedigrees and enter everything into my own pedigree generator (Breeder's Standard which does have the ability of entering BIS, BISS, AMERICAN, Canadian, Mex, et CH. and ROM ). I'm not sure how many generations you can obtain from an AKC pedigee? The sources I've obtained my info is from my mentor (45 years of yorkies) and other old time exhibitor/breeders. Now if you have registration #s on certain dogs you can go to AKC and plug in #s to obtain sire/dam info.....and so on and so forth......a bit tedious, but I've done it. The webvision pedigree.....as you say is a bit unreliable.....I've had to offer up info on missing gaps for my dogs and the dogs in their lines.......

Last edited by Mardelin; 03-05-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Mardelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!