View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:31 AM   #21
kjc
I♥PeekTinkySaph&Finny
Donating Member

Hi! So sorry to hear Ava is having problems again. Mine were having recurring bouts of diarrhea every other month or so... finally even the Metronidazole didn't help. My vet switched to a sulfa drug and also prescribed Probiotics. When I researched it online, it stated that it could cure diarrhea! When the intestines become inflamed, blood will begin to show up in the diarrhea. Probiotics work by flooding the intestines with good bacteria, making it impossible for the bad bacteria to get a hold on their system. Mine have had good poops for 8 months or more now, and no squirts! I never thought I'd see the day! I think the Probiotics (I get the kind with prebiotics (special fiber that gives the good bacteria from the probiotics a place to live and be happy) and enzymes (Proteins that help break down food quicker making it more readily available to the body) also help with improving the appetite of picky eaters, and helps to put weight on chronically thin dogs, by improving their digestion. Mine are on it for life!

Praying and sending positive thoughts for a speedy diagnosis and recovery for sweet Ava... and prayers and blessings to you to have strength, courage, and determination in getting this illness resolved.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!