View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
WidsMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Animal Smiley 036 Teapot with a Tail!!

Hi there all, it's been quite a while. I had a little Yorkie named Widdles about two years ago that I adopted out to a wonderful woman from this board. ) I have now come across another fuzz-face from the same BYB that Widdy came from. The woman is still in the process of closing down...she's down to just a few dogs, and hasn't had a litter of puppies in over two years other than the single pup she offered me (YAYY!!) Her home seems a bit more under control (thanks to some 'anonymous' callers to an SPCA). Anyway, I had spoken to her yesterday and after her husband's recent death she offered me a little girlie who appears to be on the teapot side..I'd say about 3-4 lbs at about 4.5 months..but she has a big (underfed) frame that I bet is going to go 8-9 lbs. She has a full tail. She is the funniest little thing! Most, if not all, of her 4+ months was spent in a small crate with two other dogs...so she's gleeful at being out in a normal atmosphere. At first she ran around scooting..like crawling on her belly, because of never having experienced large area. This morning she's just a love..full of terrier mouthiness and zoomies. She's very, very hungry, but I'm giving her tiny meals quite often because I don't want to overload her. She prefers to sleep at my feet than be in my lap right now. It took us two baths with Meyers Oatmeal shampoo to get a terrible ammonia/urine smell off of her..it's still slightly there. My goal with this BYB that I have known off and on for years is to slowly place all of her adoptable dogs. She is down to probably 8 or 9 from over 30 years ago. Her dogs are finally getting too old to produce pups anymore so my goal is in sight. She's not buying any new ones because she's in her late 70's. It's a very strange situation..delicate..because she doesn't trust anyone and is trying to do what the SPCA has asked of her (vaccines, grooming..etc). She considers me a 'friend' and therefore lets me know if she needs some type of help. She has nobody else..so it's given me a unique opportunity.

I will post pictures as soon as I can..she has a very sweet face with a very BIG nose..lol.

We were calling her 'Stinkerbelle' last night..LOL...but this morning she's more a 'Rosie'...we'll see what her name ends up being!

Take Care All!!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!