View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLC View Post
When he was a pup, it was bad episodes of diaherea, but quickly turned to both vomit and diaherea. His folate levels were high and Vet said Bacteria Overgrowth. Tylan Powder is what finally calmed him down. Until this past summer. Our neighbor dog was sick with diaherea in our yard, and I think my caught that bug. TJ immediately started with diaherea for about a week straight, really, really bad, and he was vomiting here and there as well. Then Roxy caught the "squirts". Finally got them both on the Metro, and after 2 weeks they were better. And then a month later, TJ started to have mucus encased poop. Tried to resolve with pumpkin, and it would work, but then start to make the poop to hard, so I would cut back, but then the mucus encased poop would start again. I just couldn't get the cycle to break to normal. Brought him back to the Vet, and decided that before we put him back on the Tylan, that since the diet (more fiber) would work, that I would try to fix with diet and probiotic first. VSL#3 was recommended from my Yahoo Group. He gets that in the AM with a little pumpkin and a little white rice added into his food. All is working well.
thanks for sharing; what type of food is he on.
so pumpkin is ok to give for dogs with ibd? if i were to use little to give the probiotic
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!