View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 08:18 AM   #5
RebeccaMoore923
Yorkie Yakker

I have used the spray bottle.. and it works when he isnt in attack mode, but once he is latched on to the cat its impossible for the spray bottle to work. Last night he was so attached, that when my boyfriend tried to grab riley to seperate, the cat lifted in the air with Riley.. The cat is a 20 lb cat.. We talked it over, and we're going to try and find a trainer of some sort, because there are several behaviors that need to change, that being a big one. I just don't want the behavior to turn to people, as we have a 3 year old.

I'm going to continue with the spray bottle, and he has way too much freedom, so he's going to have to learn to be caged, which we don't generally cage him when we're gone b/c he poops in the cage, and its a mess. So I've gotta take back the role as the pack leader.. its just going to be difficult. I was also told to keep him on the leash while he's out.. do you recommend this?

Riley is a male dog, so he wants to be the dominate king, so we're also going ot get him fixed. We had planned on doing so anyways, but definitely now. The things thats going to be hard now, is finding a trainer to help us, at a nonexpensive price.
RebeccaMoore923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!