View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
143julz
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default 6mo MORKIE possible LS??????

Hi YT...I will keep this short...I got a call from an old co worker of mine and here is the short..

Christmas Eve her pup was rushed to ER, b/c it wasn't eating, vomitting, walking walls, whinning...the ALT was 252. Overnight stay w/ fluids, discharged home with l/d food and Adensyl 1xday 100 mg.

They had a check up w/ their vet (Banifeild) y-day. (I was able to send her some info that i read here about BAT testing for LS. so perhaps vet would recommend it
ALT was in the 800, the vet suggested that an ultra sounds was in order and if surgery was needed it would be over $3K. They asked about BAT testing as an option and vet said with ALT that high it was the liver
She told me that her pup has not displayed any symptoms, eats her meals, runnning, playing and being active. The only that changed is the pup started pooing and peeing in her cage...MIND YOU 6mo OLD.
She got the pup at just over 8wks old, from parents at her kids school who had an accidential liter, they have been to their home and they are not breeders. When she told them what was going on they felt terrible, but said they weren't aware of any illness while they had pup...(OK, it was only 8wk) I can see that
I told her about this site an hope she joins, I read alot about Dr. Davis (i hope thats right) you all recommend for LS wasn't there like 2 schools...i swear spends HOURS on this site but now when i want pass the info on to help someone make good decisions i can't find it
I wanna say DWERTEN is a source for LS pups, i searched for her post (prob not doing search right) but i see she hasn't been on in few, hope she okay
Does this sound like LS to you all?
Thanks bunches
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!