View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
Princess J
Yorkie Yakker

I have only had Leilah for 2 1/2 weeks but she has proven to be an amazingly sweet yorkie. She enjoys sitting with me but loves to roam around freely by herself as well. She definitely has her spurts of endless energy followed by hard naps, but she's just a pup. I worried about the yappy thing a bit since none of my other animals have ever been yappy but so far she's been fairly good about that. She growls when she's playing and excited with an occasional squeal/bark but never any endless chatter. She was really really really easy to train to use the litter box. She hasn't had any accidents since the first day we brought her home! She sleeps wonderfully in her crate with the attached xpen so that she has free movement to her water/food bowl and litter box. I made this adjustment after a few nights of waking up to let her pee and now she sleeps through the night, gets up to do her business and then goes back to sleep...no whining or anything. I haven't really done much training other than "sit" but she is taking well to that. I know each dog is different regardless of breed so you really have to make a leap of faith and just love whatever you bring home! I can't imagine life without her even if she turned out to be a difficult yappy brat! lol
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!