View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
YorkieShadow
BANNED!

Default Im just sick over it and dont know what else to do.

a few days a go we had company. our drive way is still covered in ice so they had to walk it. while walking up the long drive way they see a dog thats hiding in the side of the ditch. but they didnt mention it to us until later when they was leaving and saw it again and told DH. well he went out there and it was way down at the other end of the road. limping dragging its back end. its dark out that way and so they couldn't tell if it was a coyote or what. it seemed to be asking wanting help. Dh tried to keep his distance but try and check it out at the same time. he thought it had been hit by a car and or the back end of it was so matted and or froze. but knew it was in bad shape.he couldn't get close to it it was scared and hurt and every time he tried it would drag its self off .

we called the police station, animal control, dog pound. but it was getting so late only the police station answered and sent someone out. the bad thing was they dont do any thing unless the dog is out on the road and by this time it was headed to the woods. DH tossed out some scraps witch it hungrily ate and pulled its self towards the woods. I made many calls to the neighbors asking if this was someones dog.

the next morning all calls were returned.
I found out that this dog belongs to the people down the road. and it along with 3 others have been shot. they say the police are already investigating it. there's a lot of dogs that run lose here in the country.making it hard to let our own dogs out not knowing if these dogs have some thing. and these dogs tare up garbage looking for food. some have gotten hit on the roads while crossing. a Dr moved in across the street and now takes care of or feeds 3 of them that was left by people just moving away and leaving these dogs. but they still run the roads. The guy I talked to said his boxer was shot and had been at the vets. but why haven't these others took these poor dogs to the vet? they know they have been shot yet they are not doing any thing about it to help them.
it seems every year these same people take in so many dogs/ cats and they all run the roads. I have reported in hopes someone will come get them and help them, and stop these people from getting more dogs that their not taking care of. Im sure the one has probably died in the woods by now. DH has been working long hours but when hes home and he should be sleeping hes out looking for it. Im just so sick knowing their out there hurt some where. and Ive reported it every where that I know but still haven't got any help.

Last edited by YorkieShadow; 03-02-2010 at 08:52 PM.
YorkieShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!