View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 08:27 PM   #13
BellaBlue82
Twilight lovin' Yakker

The key to potty training is consistancy. You need to set a schedule and stick to it. Feel out your pup and take note of what time of day your pup poos. My Sasha, for example, poos in the morning consistantly. I have the luck of being home (or my hubby, she's only home by herself on Sundays for a few hours as we work opposite shifts) to watch her every move. You can't let her run off somehwere that you can't see and do her business... put her on a leash and attach it to your pants, or put up a gate in an area that you can always see her in. I have to keep a contant eye on my girl (she's 6 months old) and she is doing so well! You know when she starts to sniff around and turn in a circle, she needs to go out ASAP! If she is home alone, either crate her (but no longer than 4 or 5 hours) or ex pen her off with potty pads. You made the decision to bring her home, so you have to do whatever it takes to train her. You wouldn't give up a child because they were having a hard time being potty trained, you need to have the same love for your pup. Maybe you should get rid of the boyfriend... lol just kidding! Good luck to you! Remember, be consistant and she'll get the hang of it!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!