View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
orlnurse
♥Max & Lily♥
Donating Member

I'm having this problem too. My girl is doing well with peeing outside. When I take her out to poo, it seems like she doesn't want to. She ate over an hour ago and she still hasn't gone. I tried what you suggested, I stood out there with her for 20 minutes at a time and still nothing. We can't do the walk, she hasn't learned to walk on the lead yet. Any other suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Does Ava do this all year, or does weather (i.e. cold) affect her behavior?

Scheduled feedings and scheduled exercise (ideally walks) are great means to predict when your dog needs to poop. If you walk Ava at these times, you should be successful at making sure she poops outside.

The other option is to go outside i your yard with her and stay out there until she poops, but walking will facilitate matters.

Either way, don't let her come back into the house until she poops. When she does poop, praise her profusely with keywords and give her a treat. She will catch on.

The process will take a great commitment of time and patience.

I hope you and your husband don't get rid of Ava because of this obstacle. Potty problems are one of the main reasons so many doggies end up homeless and sitting in shelters, rescues, or worse.

Lesley, Maximilian & Lily Rae
orlnurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!