View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
jrsygal37
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelgiuntoli View Post
Thank you. I will talk to my vet about it and see if he gives me some more info on the option. I just love my dogs very much and would hate to see them hurt. I will be honest...they are like my kids! lol but I suppose getting her fixed would be much better than the possibility of cancer!
If it helps to make you feel better, I just recently had my 2.5 lb. female spayed and she did great. I also have five rescues. All have been spayed or neutered. My Lilly was only 13 week old and weighed under 2 lbs. when the rescue I got her from did a pediatric spay. I wasn't thrilled that they did her that young or that small but she did fine. Really they come through it great. The first day, of the surgery they are quiet and just want to lay around, but by the next day they are getting back to normal and by the third day they are just as they were before. Animals come through surgery differently then people. And, really as others have already said, it is far healthier for both male and female. And, no it does not change their personalities at all.

Elaine

Last edited by jrsygal37; 03-02-2010 at 06:49 PM.
jrsygal37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!