View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #1
rachelgiuntoli
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Breeding questions HELP!!!

My yorkie is about 4 years old and she recently went into heat. Today should have been her last day. I do want to say upfront that my yorkie (scarlet) is not intended for breeding. My husband got her for my on valentines day years ago and I had previously already had a male mini schnauzer. Long story short: I have been able to keep them separated for the past 4 years through all her heats but he broke through the fence to her area and "got her."

What I want to know is: How long until a vet can tell me if she is pregnant or not? Because I want to take her in as soon as the vet can make sure if she is pregnant or not.

Any advice you have is greatly appreciated. Once again...I am NOT a breeder and don't want to be one so be gentle with your answers. I have seen some people get flamed for their questions on here sometimes. AND as for "fixing" my dogs, I haven't because I love their personalities too much to change them but after this incident I am afraid I'm going to have no choice but to neuter my male. I will not spay my female.

Thank you
rachelgiuntoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!